MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum General Off-Topic/General Discussion v
1 2 3 4 5 … 197 Next »
First track day on my GSX-R750, what should I check before I go?

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First track day on my GSX-R750, what should I check before I go?
moto Expert

Unregistered
 
#1
09-24-2026, 12:00 PM
So I finally pulled the trigger and signed up for a track day next month at Thunderhill. Bike is an 07 GSX-R750 with about 28k miles. I've done all the usual maintenance myself, valve check at 24k, fresh oil, chain is good. But I've never taken a bike to the track before so I'm second guessing everything.
What do you guys actually do for prep besides the obvious tech inspection stuff? I'm thinking fresh brake fluid and maybe new pads, tires have decent tread but they're sport touring compound so probably not ideal. Do I really need to safety wire everything or is that just for racing? Also any advice on tire pressure for a first timer, I keep reading different numbers everywhere.
Not trying to set lap records, just want to learn and not bin it or blow up the motor. Appreciate any pointers from folks who've been doing this a while.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode