MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum General Off-Topic/General Discussion v
1 2 3 4 5 … 197 Next »
Anyone ridden both the MT-09 and Street Triple 765? Trying to decide

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone ridden both the MT-09 and Street Triple 765? Trying to decide
moto Expert

Unregistered
 
#1
10-06-2026, 12:01 AM
Been wrenching on bikes for 15+ years and I still can't make up my mind on this one. My daily is getting tired and I'm looking at either a Yamaha MT-09 or a Triumph Street Triple 765. On paper the torque of that CP3 triple looks like a blast for city riding, and I know the Yamaha reliability inside out from working on them. But the Triumph chassis and that sweet 765 motor get so much praise I feel like I'd be missing out.
From a repair standpoint I lean Yamaha, parts are cheaper and I've seen fewer weird electrical gremlins. But the Triumph just feels more premium. Anyone actually owned both and can tell me which one held up better long term? Especially curious about valve clearance intervals and any known gearbox quirks on the newer 765s. Appreciate any real world input before I drop the cash.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode