MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum Riding Modifications v
1 2 3 Next »
Finally took the old CB out for its first real ride after the rebuild

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally took the old CB out for its first real ride after the rebuild
MotoMike

Unregistered
 
#1
Today, 06:00 AM
So I finished the top end rebuild on my 78 CB750 about two weeks ago and finally got brave enough to take it on a proper 60 mile loop today. I was nervous honestly, first time I've done valve work on my own. But she fired up on the third kick and ran smoother than she ever did before I tore into it.
Highway stretch was a little sketchy, carbs still need syncing, felt a slight flat spot around 4k. But back roads were pure joy. That old inline four just pulls and pulls. Stopped at a diner halfway and some guy came out to talk about it for 20 minutes, which is half the fun of riding something older I guess.
Anyone else here ride vintage as their daily? Still chasing a small oil weep from the valve cover but honestly for a 46 year old bike I'll take it. Next up is dialing in the carbs. Tips welcome.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode