09-23-2026, 06:00 AM
Bit of a late bloomer here. Rode around on a CBT and a 125 for way too long because life got in the way, then finally booked my full test this spring. I was proper nervous, hadn't done a proper test since school.
What actually helped: I did two hours with an instructor just on slow speed stuff, the U-turn and the figure of eight. Everyone talks about road riding but that's where I kept dropping marks in practice. Also watched a ton of those Mod 1 walkthrough videos, the ones where they film the actual test centre. Sounds daft but knowing the exact layout of my local centre calmed me right down.
Passed first time with 2 minors. If you're putting it off, just book it. Worst bit is waiting, not the test itself. Anyone else leave it ages before going for the full licence?
What actually helped: I did two hours with an instructor just on slow speed stuff, the U-turn and the figure of eight. Everyone talks about road riding but that's where I kept dropping marks in practice. Also watched a ton of those Mod 1 walkthrough videos, the ones where they film the actual test centre. Sounds daft but knowing the exact layout of my local centre calmed me right down.
Passed first time with 2 minors. If you're putting it off, just book it. Worst bit is waiting, not the test itself. Anyone else leave it ages before going for the full licence?
