Today, 06:00 AM
So I finally signed up for my first track day next month. Been riding street for years and turning wrenches even longer, but this is new territory for me. Bike is a 2004 CBR600RR with about 40k on the clock. Obviously I'm doing fresh oil and filter, new brake fluid, checking pads and chain. My question is what else you guys look at that maybe doesn't cross your mind coming from street riding. I'm thinking coolant flush since it's probably never been done, and tires are the big one. Current set has maybe 60 percent tread left but they're sport touring rubber, not track oriented. Do I just run what I have for the first day or bite the bullet on something stickier? Also curious about suspension. Should I set sag before I go or just leave it stock and focus on learning lines. Any tips from people who made this jump are appreciated.
