MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum Riding Parts v
1 2 3 Next »
Best routes for a long road trip? Planning a 2 week ride

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best routes for a long road trip? Planning a 2 week ride
moto Expert

Unregistered
 
#1
4 hours ago
So I've been turning wrenches for over 15 years now and I finally got two full weeks off this summer. Planning a proper road trip on my old FZ1, probably 3000+ miles. I've done plenty of short weekend runs but never anything this long.
Question for the guys who actually tour: what routes do you swear by? I'm thinking of heading out west, maybe hitting the Blue Ridge Parkway first then working toward Colorado. But I'm open to anything. I care more about good pavement and fun curves than scenery, though both is fine.
Also any advice on keeping the bike happy over that many miles would help. I know what to check before I leave but curious what you all do for mid trip maintenance. Oil top offs, chain adjustments, that kind of thing. I'll probably do an oil change somewhere around the halfway point if I can find a shop or bring what I need.
Appreciate any route suggestions or general long haul wisdom.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode