Today, 06:00 AM
So me and two buddies just got back from a 5 day run down the Blue Ridge Parkway and then cut over through the Dragon. Took the old CB750 I finished restoring last winter. Honestly wasn't sure the old girl would make it but she ran like a top the whole way.
If anyone is planning something similar, here's my advice. Skip the interstate completely, take 220 or the back roads down. Way better scenery and the little towns are worth stopping in. We camped two nights and moteled it the rest, my back can't handle 5 nights on the ground anymore ha.
The Dragon was awesome but honestly crowded as hell on a Saturday. Go on a weekday if you can. Also watch your fuel, there's a stretch where stations are far apart and I barely limped into one on reserve.
Anybody else ridden this route? Curious what other roads I missed, already thinking about next year.
If anyone is planning something similar, here's my advice. Skip the interstate completely, take 220 or the back roads down. Way better scenery and the little towns are worth stopping in. We camped two nights and moteled it the rest, my back can't handle 5 nights on the ground anymore ha.
The Dragon was awesome but honestly crowded as hell on a Saturday. Go on a weekday if you can. Also watch your fuel, there's a stretch where stations are far apart and I barely limped into one on reserve.
Anybody else ridden this route? Curious what other roads I missed, already thinking about next year.
