MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum Riding Troubleshooting / General Technical Questions v
1 2 3 Next »
First track day on the old Ninja, what should I check before I go?

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First track day on the old Ninja, what should I check before I go?
MotoMike

Unregistered
 
#1
Today, 06:00 AM
So I finally signed up for my first track day next month at Loudon. Been riding street for like 12 years but never done a track day, kinda nervous not gonna lie.
The bike is my 2005 Ninja 636 that I rebuilt last winter (full teardown, new fork seals, valve check, the works). Runs great on the street but I know track is a different animal.
What do you guys check before a track day? I'm thinking fresh oil, new brake fluid, tires are maybe 70 percent. Do I need to safety wire anything or is that just for racing? Also what pressure do you run on track vs street, I usually do 36/36.
Any advice for a first timer is welcome. Mostly just dont want to be the guy holding everyone up or worse, crashing my baby.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode