MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum Riding Parts v
1 2 Next »
Instructor told me to counterweight the pegs, not countersteer. Now I'm confused

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instructor told me to counterweight the pegs, not countersteer. Now I'm confused
moto Expert

Unregistered
 
#1
09-22-2026, 12:00 PM
So I've been riding for years but finally took an advanced course last weekend to knock some bad habits. The instructor kept saying "counterweight the pegs" through the corners instead of talking about countersteering at all. I get that at low speed you weight the outside peg, that part makes sense. But at 60-70 kmh he was still telling me to shift weight to the outside peg and lean the bike more than my body. Honestly it worked, the bike felt planted and I was carrying more speed than usual. But I always thought countersteering was the main thing at speed and body position was secondary. Is this just a different school of thought or am I missing something? Any instructors or track guys here who can clear this up? I don't want to unlearn something useful but I also don't want to build a bad foundation.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Messages In This Thread
Instructor told me to counterweight the pegs, not countersteer. Now I'm confused - by moto Expert - 09-22-2026, 12:00 PM

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode