MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum General New Member Introductions v
1 2 3 4 5 … 33 Next »
Finally got the old CB750 running right, thought I'd share what worked

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got the old CB750 running right, thought I'd share what worked
MotoMike

Unregistered
 
#1
Yesterday, 06:00 PM
So I picked up this 78 CB750 about 8 months ago for $700. Rough shape, hadn't run since 09. Anyway after a full carb rebuild, new points and condensers, and chasing electrical gremlins for what felt like forever, she fired up last weekend and idles like a sewing machine. The biggest thing that helped was ditching the pod filters the PO threw on and going back to the stock airbox. I know everyone loves pods but man these old CV carbs just hate them. Also set the valves cold at 0.05mm and that smoothed out a ton of vibration. If anyone's fighting a similar bike that won't idle right, check your intake boots for cracks first. Mine were rock hard and leaking air badly. Next up is a new seat and probably some lower bars. Anyone running superbike bars on these? Curious how the cables fit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Messages In This Thread
Finally got the old CB750 running right, thought I'd share what worked - by MotoMike - Yesterday, 06:00 PM

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode