MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum General New Member Introductions v
1 2 3 4 5 … 34 Next »
1985 Honda Nighthawk vs 1983 Yamaha Seca 650 - which one for a first restoration?

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1985 Honda Nighthawk vs 1983 Yamaha Seca 650 - which one for a first restoration?
MotoMike

Unregistered
 
#1
10 hours ago
So I've got a line on two bikes locally and I'm torn. One is an 85 Honda CB650 Nighthawk, owner says it ran two years ago and it turns over but needs carb work. The other is an 83 Yamaha Seca 650, non running, been sitting under a tarp for who knows how long but the bodywork is clean and complete.
I've done valve adjustments and brakes before but never torn into a full engine. The Honda seems like it has a better parts network and I keep hearing the Nighthawk engines are bulletproof. But that Seca has the shaft drive and honestly I love how the 80s Yamahas look.
Anybody owned either? I'm mostly worried about which one is gonna leave me hunting for parts for six months. Also wondering if the Seca's carbs are as much of a nightmare as people say. Budget is around $800 for the bike itself so neither one is a big gamble but I'd rather not end up with a lawn ornament.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Messages In This Thread
1985 Honda Nighthawk vs 1983 Yamaha Seca 650 - which one for a first restoration? - by MotoMike - 10 hours ago

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode