11 hours ago
Been turning wrenches for 15 years so I know my way around an engine, but I want to hear what you guys think about this. Looking at a used bike with about 60k miles on the clock. Owner says it runs fine, no weird noises, regular oil changes. My gut says a well maintained engine can easily double that, but I also know a lot depends on the model and how hard those miles were put on. City commuting miles vs highway touring miles are two totally different animals.
What's your personal cutoff when you're shopping used? Do you care more about the mileage number or the maintenance records? And what are the first things you check on a high mileage bike before handing over cash? Compression test is a given for me but curious what else you all look at.
What's your personal cutoff when you're shopping used? Do you care more about the mileage number or the maintenance records? And what are the first things you check on a high mileage bike before handing over cash? Compression test is a given for me but curious what else you all look at.
