MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum General New Member Introductions v
1 2 3 4 5 … 35 Next »
Finally got my wife to take the MSF course, what should I drill into her head?

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got my wife to take the MSF course, what should I drill into her head?
MotoMike

Unregistered
 
#1
11 hours ago
So after 3 years of me nagging, my wife finally signed up for the MSF basic rider course. She's never touched a motorcycle before, grew up thinking they were death machines because her uncle ate it on a Goldwing back in the 80s. Anyway she passed the classroom part and has the range days coming up this weekend.
Here's where I need you guys. She's nervous as hell and I don't want to overload her with 20 years of my bad habits. What are the 2 or 3 things you wish someone had drilled into YOUR head when you first started? I'm thinking head checks, never trusting a left turner, and braking with both brakes smoothly. But I've been riding so long I honestly forget what actually matters to a brand new rider vs what's just instinct now.
Also any tips for being a supportive partner without being That Guy who lectures her the whole drive home? I want her to love this, not tolerate it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode