MotoBuys
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Motobuys Forum General Off-Topic/General Discussion v
1 2 3 4 5 … 197 Next »
Anyone else think the new 450s are making the 650s pointless?

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else think the new 450s are making the 650s pointless?
moto Expert

Unregistered
 
#1
09-27-2026, 12:00 PM
Been turning wrenches for 15+ years, mostly on older carb'd stuff, but lately I've had a few newer bikes on the lift for valve checks and clutch jobs. Got me thinking about the whole middleweight class. A buddy just picked up a CB650R and honestly for the money I don't get it anymore. The newer 450 twins and singles are lighter, cheaper to insure, easier to service, and unless you're doing a lot of highway the power gap barely matters in the real world. Valve adjustments on the 650 inline four are a pain compared to the twin. Don't get me wrong, that smooth four is nice on a long ride, but for a daily commuter and weekend twisty bike I'd take the lighter machine every time. Anyone actually regret going smaller? Or am I just getting old and lazy?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Support by MotoBuys

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode